Friday, October 30, 2020

The people who work here have no idea how agonizing these visits are for family!




 I felt like I could have burst with rage as I left my Mom's nursing home today.  Fire hot tears poured out of my eyes as I struggled to see the check out pad.  The workers in these nursing home jails have no empathy.  The warden that was watching me from an office across the hall yelled to me from behind her desk when I had 4 minutes left with my Mom.

  She yelled from across the hall, " you only have a few minutes left." I truly did not trust myself to open my mouth to respond.  So I held it in.  I told my Mom I loved her and would be back soon.  I grabbed my purse and gloves and walked out.  As I struggled to see the check out pad I felt myself crack open and my pain burst out.  I said to whoever was at the main desk, "you know the people who work here have no idea how agonizing these visits are for family!  



The woman down there did not have to yell across the hall from her desk like some jail warden that I had 4 minutes left on my visit!  I have a fucking cell phone and there is a fucking clock on the wall!  It is disgustingly agonizing that you have full contact with my Mom and I don't!  You really need to train your staff to understand what we are going through!". And I walked out!


No comments:

Post a Comment